This year the Wisconsin Land Information Association is hosting a “Student Success” Track at the Annual Conference in Stevens Point, Wisconsin on February 16 and 17, 2012. The Student Success Track will provide an opportunity for students to:
1. Learn about the WLIA as a resource for GIS/LIS career professionals.
2. Craft effective resumes for GIS jobs.
3. Recognize the skillsets that employers look for in applicants.
4. Practice interview skills in mock interview sessions.
5. Present their work to WLIA members and other professionals.
Students interested in delivering a 15 or 30-minute presentation of their work should contact . In the email include a presentation title (less than 15 words) and an abstract describing the work (less than 150 words). Please indicate your preference for a 15 or 30 minute presentation. Student presentations will be held on Thursday from 1:30 to 3:00pm and on Friday from 8:15 to 9:45am. Send your presentation title and abstract before January 15, 2012.
Students interested in holding mock interviews or resume reviews with GIS/LIS professionals should contact to sign up for the limited 15 minute sessions. Mock interviews and resume reviews will be conducted on Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm. Example job postings will be available. Students are advised to bring portfolios that showcase their work. Reserve your timeslot before January 15, 2012.